Mold Removal Solutions for Air Conditioning Ducts in Houston, TX
Build up of Mold and Mildew on duct systems is very common in Houston TX. Mold grows in houston on places that are dirty, dark, and damp. Commonly this is on ductwork, evaporator coils, vents, crawl spaces etc. In Houston, TX It is very popular to have mold cleaned from ducts. Our advice to you though is.....
DON'T CLEAN YOUR DUCTS......
Without first looking for the underlaying cause. Why clean mold from your ducts when there is every likelihood it may come back. You should consider cleaning but also consider looking for a long term solution to your HVAC system creating Mold and Growth in the first place. Simply put, solve the cause of your mold then then clean or replace the ducts.
#1 CAUSES OF MOLD ON A/C DUCTS
5 SOLUTIONS TO MOLD AND EXCESS CONDENSATION on Air Conditioners
- New Duct system - Proper Sizing and replacement of ducts
- Sealing of system/ducts - Prevents mixing hot and cold air
- Dehumidification Systems - Remove available moisture within the home or attic space.
- Ventilation of attic space - reduces excess heat and humidity
- Seperation & Insulation of airflow system to prevent creation of excess moisture/condensation (prevent ducts from touching)
EXAMPLES OF MOLD in HVAC SYSTEMS
These are examples of homes we have visited in Houston with Mold growth on their hvac system & ducts. These are each caused by a combination of variable. Most can be attributed to excess condensation created by mixing of hot (attic/crawlspace/outside) air and cold air from the air conditioning system. Mixing these two creates colder surfaces which being to sweat (ie condensate). When sweating occurs it becomes a target for microbial mold growth.
Have Mold Problems?
Get a FREE In Home EVALUATION
SIGN UP NOW
Mission Air Conditioning
1940 Fountain View Drive #271
Houston, TX, 77057