As news on the coronavirus (COVID-19) changes from minute to minute, the health and safety of our customers, team and community remains the number one priority of Mission AC & Plumbing. As a locally owned company, Mission AC and Plumbing is prepared to continue serving the Houston area with the standard of excellence you are accustomed to while exercising expanded health and safety practices.
As more and more people are practicing social distancing and self-quarantining, the basic infrastructure of your home will be seeing more use than usual. With more people home from school and work, plumbing and HVAC systems are going to be overworked and more prone to breakdowns.
It is imperative to the initiative of containing the virus that these essential systems remain working properly. Mission AC & Plumbing is fully prepared to handle an increase in demand for air conditioning and plumbing services while maintaining current and expanded safety standards.
While Mission AC & Plumbing already works hard to maintain health and safety standards, we are expanding our policies to do our part in “flattening the curve.” These additional measures include:
- Friendly wave policy instead of handshakes.
- Increased Technician Sanitization – Trucks are being equipped with shoe covers, surgical gloves, anti-bacterial wipes, (some have masks but we’re awaiting more shipments – just like hospitals). Buckets for disposal of gloves, shoe covers etc.
- Customer screening – Office staff asking if customers or family members have been sick in the past 14 days.
- Sick Policy – Employees (technicians and support staff) not permitted to work if sick.
- Reducing Employee contact – Twice weekly technician training meetings are now remote. Our office staff preparing to run a light crew (30-50% reduction in office staff) with the remainder working from home.
We assure you that we are monitoring the situation as it progresses and we are consistently following the guidelines of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as the policies of our local, state and federal governments.
If any Mission AC & Plumbing employee exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 they will be self-quarantined and relieved of duty until they are healthy and no longer contagious. It is our promise to maintain full transparency with you, our valued customers.
We are all concerned about COVID-19 and how it is affecting our community, but we have a plan of action to protect your well-being and the well-being of our team. We will take every precaution necessary to get the job done in a safe and responsible manner – for everyone involved.
Wishing you all good health,
The Mission AC & Plumbing Team